The PG Tips Monkey: Up Close & Personal

I am quite into tie-in tea brand merchandise. I always liked the PG Tips adverts with chimps in them. They were cute. I have an extensive set of Tetley Tea Folk huddled together in one of my kitchen cupboards. At the moment, though, my favourite tea mascot is the PG Tips knitted monkey, named Monkey (imaginative, I know). I have a him by my side right now, wearing a very stylish dressing gown.


Behold, as Monkey himself strikes a pose in these beautiful fashion images. I am his confidante, you see, and he has graciously allowed me to work with him on a candid photoshoot. He's a mysterious character. An enigma. A fashion icon. Look at him.


What you don't know is that he's actually my brother. He left home to pursue his acting dream at a young age and left his poor little sis monkey-less for a while. You'll be pleased to know that now we're the best of friends again, and he often brings back a banana from his lengthy trips to the supermarket. I'm making this post in appreciation of my sweet bro because it's important to recognise my closest family, and also tea. Thanks bro.

3 comments:

  1. I love the PG Tips Monkeys, I have two! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a few monkeys. They even have a facebook page, Monkeys adventures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x