Diary: Classics & Aliens


This week was: fun walks in the sun, reading alien-centric literature, watching X-Files bloopers, eating many raisins, seeing four different cats, starting to read Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, experience a strong desire to listen to Depeche Mode and then doing just that, and dying my hair red.


I've been reading a few of the Penguin Little Black Classics, because I love how small and portable they are, and my favourite so far is Goethe's "Sketchy, Doubtful, Incomplete Jottings" - I like this because it is essentially a list of thoughts. I am a big fan of both lists and thoughts. Sometimes I myself have both.


My main book focus at the moment is Cranford (which I already like just one page in), and I want to go through the Penguin English Library list and read my way through some of those classics. The cover designs are really pleasing and make me a little bit more motivated to read them. I also really want to re-start The X-Files and power through all the episodes, as I've been watching them in quite an erratic way and missing out on lots of them, so it'll be nice to go through them all in chronological order. Those are my plans, alongside rapidly fading my hair back to its natural colour again over the next couple of weeks, and attending a little YouTube meetup this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x