Toradora!


Hello, do you have a moment to talk about anime? You do?! Great.
*opens briefcase, takes out a selection of anime pamphlets, crams them into your hands*


So I've been watching Toradora, and boy has it been a wild ride. It's a slice of life/comedy/romance anime and I was lured in by the wonderful ridiculousness of the first episode. Taiga is pretty much my favourite character ever. I love her meanness and her sweetness and her endless angst.


I loved it from the beginning because it started off as this funny and mildly violent show, and then it slowly got more and more angsty and emotional, and by then I was already so invested. I think it's all weaved together so nicely.


The emotional and romantic elements of the story work so well I think precisely because of all the silliness and the well-defined characters and the flippant one-liners and teasing back-and-forth dialogue between everyone. And of course, when Taiga kicks people for being annoying.


I love it so much.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't watched it yet, but Toradora is in my "anime list" ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back and let me know what you think of it if you watch it!

      Delete
    2. I've just finished Toradora! It's a really cute anime, for sure. Taiga and Ryuji are a very unusual but amazing couple :)

      Delete
    3. Awww I'm glad you liked it! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x