Tiny Adventures & Bravery

I've been thinking about inspiration and adventure and life and I realised there are some things I'd like to do that I avoid or am at least very tentative with because it concerns a process that feels kinda private (like talking to a camera) or it involves working with someone else (like posing with someone for a photo). I also realise that when I make the extra to do those things despite any feelings of discomfort I may have, I never regret it. Sometimes I don't end up with the result I wanted, but I never feel like I've wasted my time or posed an inconvenience to other people. I might feel a little embarrassed, but I think that's worth it for a creative pursuit that I'm excited about, and to involve people in that a little bit.


I see and come up with lots of fun little ideas that involve a little bit more effort and perserverence and sometimes planning than usual, and I really want to be able to just go for it and do the things that make me happy and be unapolagetically creative. It's rewarding to make something happen when there's an obstacle to it.


I also feel like it's a question of artistic honesty too, in a way, because when I do these things that take a little bit of embarrassment or extra arrangement they feel very genuine. If I'm pushing harder to do something than usual, it means I must care about that thing, so there's a unique kind of satisfaction. And I love when I get to make and share those moments and ideas. It's the greatest thing ever.  So I'm going to focus on making more of those tiny adventures happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x