Emerging


Here I am in the darkness where I belong. Lurking, and other fun activities (creeping, sneaking, etc). It's funny how we depend on light to see things. You ever think about that? It's weird.

I've been thinking lately about liminal spaces (in part thanks to this Tumblr post going around) and I realise they are the most calming and soothing and normal-feeling places to be in. I love being in some threshold as if time stands still. I've always loved hospitals because they feel timeless and endless and strange in a way that feels more like home than anything. They feel safe and magical and unreal. It's like I live in the inbetweens, in the times where everyone sleeps, in all the invisible places.

I don't know, I love them so much.


Totoro is also here with me because he loves the hollow, endless dark.



2 comments:

  1. I like these photographs very much! They are lyrical. It's very inspirational for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x