Sequence & Chaos


I made some extra collages on pre-painted journal pages with some of the black and white print outs I used for water damage collages recently. There's something uniquely pleasing about seeing sequences of the same image to me. Maybe it speaks to my organisational interests, or maybe it's just one more manifestation of my love of documenting and cataloguing things. Who knows.


There's a nice juxtaposition of order and chaos, and I think that's a really interesting thing that you see all the time in collages. They're a structured positioning of often random things, or ripped things, or things that you can tell aren't perfectly, mathematically matched. That's part of the charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x