New Look Wishlist: Stripes & Drawstrings

I've been thinking about my wardrobe lately and how it's changed throughout my life, and all my different clothing phases and so on. I think I have a good idea of what I like these days, but my wardrobe is a bit mismatched and randomised - full of its fair share of old classics and impulse purchases.

On the back of this, I decided to look through the New Look website and pick out some items I'd like to add to my wardrobe as an exercise in pinpointing my overall style as represented by one shop's offerings only. So let's take a look at my favourite currently available New Look pieces.


1. Rust Ribbed Drawstring Waist Roll Sleeve Dress | £14.99


This dress is representative of my love of earthy colours. I've been really into rust browns and wine reds lately. I also love the textures on this dress - the drawstring and all over ribbed look pairs perfectly with the simplicity of the cut.


2. Red Stripe Ribbed T-Shirt | £8.99


I've noticed that I've settled into a nice, gentle colour palette which is mostly monochrome with some nice charcoal greys and earthy tones and a bit of marl. This t-shirt is a good example of how I like to use small details to add a little something extra to my outfits. It has such a cute fit and style, and I love the stripes and ribbed detail.


3. Grey Mini Skirt | £9.99


I have a few simple little skater skirts like this one, and they remain possibly the biggest staple of my wardrobe because I can throw them on with just about anything and they look great. I'm really interested in trying out some different skirt lengths right now, but this easy, flattering style will likely be one I love for a long time.


4. Burgundy Tie Waist Tapered Trousers | £19.99


I have been seeing quite a few of these loose, comfy-looking slacks-style trousers around recently, and I think they're the best. They stand out a bit more now that we're in our perpetual leggings and skinny jeans world, which I think makes them seem even more smart and cute. I love the colour and the tie waist detail on this pair (although I would definitely be tempted to buy them in every colour as they also come in black and a nice light brown shade).


5. White Stripe Short Sleeve Crop Shirt | £17.99


I would really like to wear more blouses and comfy shirts, as I think buttons and collars can add so much personality to an outfit and make you look a touch smarter. I like this one because of its uncomplicated double stripes and comfortable look. The pocket and sleeves detail is nice too.

☆☆☆

I think we can ascertain from this list that I like stripes. My tastes are heading more towards a smart yet laid-back style at the moment, but with a little playfulness too. Which means stripes. I really like stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x