4 Cool Music Videos


I thought I'd do a post full of not only songs I'm enjoying lately, but songs with pretty cool videos too. They are not super recent but they are just videos I like, and I haven't given much thought to genre or time frame or anything like that. I'm thinking of making music video lists as a semi regular feature because I love discovering music and coming up with playlists and recommendations. It might be nice to have themed posts or just to make jumbled lists of stuff I'm getting into.

Anyway, let's talk about these videos.


Natalia Kills - Saturday Night


Natalia Kills does lots of electric pop, which is one of my main musical weaknesses (as you can probably tell from my own music projects). The synths are strong with this one. This video has a really cool visual narrative. She walks through changing sets and dramatic scenarios going on around her. There's lots of continuous shots which make the whole thing feel a little like an out of body experience. There's also lots of emoting, which I enjoy.


Toro Y Moi - Say That


This song is such a sweet and delicate little jam and it has such a beautifully filmed video. It kinda looks like what I imagine when people people say "go to a beautiful place in your mind". The landscapes! The cuts! The lying down! The furtive dancing! It's very relaxing.


Flyying Colours - Wavygravy


This is a very relaxing video with lots of nice overlapping, washed out colours and a kinda scuzzy, sleepy, beachy sound.


Kero Kero Bonito - Intro Bonito


Kero Kero Bonito are such a fun little band and one of my favourite recent discoveries. I like their lazy pop style (it reminds me a little bit of Bis) and my favourite song is Sick Beat, which is all about how Sarah can beat everyone at video games, and has these lyrics: "It’s often said, I should get some girly hobbies instead, but that thought fills me with dread, I'm not into sewing, baking, dressmaking, not eating, bitching, submitting". I love that. I love them.

3 comments:

  1. Cool video i liked it very much!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELP NATALIA IS MY FAVEEEEE ;____; <3333333333333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x