Outfit: Forest Moomins


I am in my autumnal element as the fluffy cardigan lifestyle reaches maximum relevance yet again in the gentle November chill. This is the time when I discover that pairs of shoes are no longer adequately rain resistant and that I can no longer avoid coats. I can also no longer avoid Moomins, not that I would ever really try to. This wonderful Moomin top/jumper hybrid (it's a confusing thickness, so I'm not sure which of these types of clothing it wants to be - that means it can be both) is actually a pyjama top. I'm very glad to be fulfilling one of my sartorial dreams here by wearing pyjamas as outerwear. No-one can stop me.

top & shoes - Primark
cardigan & tights - gifted
skirt - Debenhams


There is a subtle bit of colour coordination going on here with the light pink of my top and the deep purple of my tights. I like to wear tights that are really dark but have a little bit of colour. Burgundy and navy are some good tights colours. I would like to get some mustard ones at some point though.


The comfy look and feel is everything I care about and I pretty much live in a cardigan, but trust me when I say that there are so many variables to a cardigan. There is so much potential nuance. To me, this particular cardigan is the nearest to perfect that I have found so far. It has that perfect thickness that is neither too much nor too little. Just perfect. It has an unassuming and gentle colour that works with anything. It is also a great length - adequately covering without giving the impression that you have looted a tall grandpa.


I also feel like the word 'tuck' is really cosy in itself, which possibly goes some way to explaining my enjoyment of tucking a nice loose top into a skater skirt. I am working my way towards becoming fully elasticated, but until then a good skater skirt will do the job.


6 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x