Eye Heart You


I see a lot of discussion online about the ins and outs of blogging and vlogging and why people do it and what's changing about it regarding community and industry and blah blah blah. I find it so interesting how online media like this has evolved since the clunky computer situation of my childhood, when MSPaint and CD-ROMs about dolphins were what got me excited to use a computer. I've read heaps of things about the evolution of blogging and advice posts on how to start a blog and grow your audience and all of those currently popular blog topics. I recently watched a selection of thoughtfully and emotionally put together vlogs of Summer in the City (here's one by TeaMakerJason, who is excellent) and even though I didn't attend, I caught a serious case of the feelings.


The reason I know doing all this is the right thing for me is the endless passion I feel for it all. Sometimes I can't sleep because I'm too excited about videos I could make or little adventures I could document. A lot of the time YouTube or my blog are the first things I think of when I wake up and the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. It's buzzing through my brain just about all the time. I've heard people talk about YouTube/blogging being pretty all-consuming, but I don't think this is a feeling you can ever be quite prepared for. I mean, it's infatuation. A great big, bouncing love of all this space on the internet just for me. It's like I have this huge room the size of the earth to fill up, so I'm itching to fill up as much of it as I can.


I'm just so happy to be here. I'm so happy to be making things and doing things and being things. I get to sing and draw and laugh and hug so many cats. And I get to document those things and talk about them until my tongue falls out. And I get to talk to people and make jokes with people and inspire and be inspired. So thank you for reading this, and thank you for being here, and thank you for all the pictures of hedgehogs that I can access within ten seconds whenever I want. I love this (and I love hedgehogs).


5 comments:

  1. Yes! We're so lucky to have boundless access to new ways to create (and consume) content. Having said that, there's absolutely no point in churning out work that you're not excited and passionate about, because passion is what really makes compelling content. Case in point - your enthusiasm made this such a fun, happy read.
    And I love those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're so right, there's so much in the world and so much to get excited about. I mean I do this all for me but there's also the element of how it becomes important to other people. Sharing it all is great! xx

      Delete
  2. I tried to find a giant cute hedgehog to offer u as a token of my undying love but i found this giant terrifying hedgehog instead: A MEMOIR

    http://www.courier.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276434/Article/images/20657934/5817757-large.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAIT HERE'S AN ACTUALLY GOOD HEDGEHOG (OPPOSED TO THAT SINFUL BEAST I POSTED PREVIOUSLY)-
      http://bernard-beth.tumblr.com/post/117019815395/twoblackcatsstudio-the-hedgehog-mushroom

      Delete
    2. WOW LMAO these hedgehog pictures have extended my life by at least two years. I wanna be cute and collect mushrooms but I think if I did that I would die and be a ghost with a mushroom.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x