Foxes & Teeth


One of my favourite things about the tube is that some Fridays I get to pick up a copy of Evening Standard Magazine off a seat. I've collected a few copies and a Spring J.Crew lookbook since about March (how was March so long ago?) and I've just finally gotten round to making collages with them. My favourite cut-outs are the fried eggs and the tiny picture of Foxes (I love her).


Some of my favourite collage elements are things like these hair cut-outs - body parts or natural elements or landscapes that aren't cut out properly but instead cut into, making them alien textural shapes. You know what they are, but they also become new geometric building blocks for the landscape of your collage. Turning naturally occuring things into illustrative shapes. It's a papery Frankenstein's monster.


I seriously love the fried eggs.





2 comments:

  1. I loved scrap booking as a kid. The eggs are super cool

    Nashia | MakeupandBeautyMayhem

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x