The End Of My Art Journal (ft. Louis Tomlinson)


I'm pleased to announce that I have used up all of my art journal and that means I will have to start a new one shortly. I used up a bunch of the final pages collaging, so here are all the last pages! I mostly just wanted to collect textures, so I didn't think much about form or shape and just stuck big blocks of things down. I like the crinkliness of magazine pages. I put some nice paintbrish strokes in as well, and a Louis Tomlinson for good measure. Should I make One Direction collages in my next art journal? MAYBE.


Sometimes I like to be more meticulous and conscious of my placing and create a cool shape with my collages, but a lot of the time it's nice to just cut squares of almost random things and glue them down. With collage I always feel like anything goes and that anything will work. I mean I guess there is a methodology to it in my mind, but it feels very unconscious. I can feel myself making all the decisions and sizing everything up as I go along, but it's all so instinctual that I don't know how to explain it.


I can't wait to get started on a new journal and fill it with magazine pictures of noses or something (who knows).




4 comments:

  1. Haha Awesome pages, you should definitely make a journal full of celebrity noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that's quite a feat! I love the feeling of a completed journal or sketchbook. I get so giddy thinking of buying another one and thinking of ideas to add to it!

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x