Journal: Nervous Hearts


So many of my journal pages become pages for restless hands. I have always been a fidget. I sat in my GCSE exams and perched like a bird with my feet on the chair, shifting into a new position every five minutes. I'm sorry to any nearby kids I distracted. I remember the creeping and then rushing discomfort that came when I tried to resist the compulsion. I sat on one foot, and even tried sitting with my feet on the floor for a while, but I had to keep moving. I never understood why I got like that, but now a lot of the time it gets syphoned off through drawing. If I'm watching TV alone I have to be doing something else at the same time. I think I'm better at being calm and sitting still these days, but I'm still a fidget. I always will be, and probably for the same reasons that I yawn constantly when I'm the slightest bit nervous.

These pages are extra scribbly. Please also notice my pages full of hearts. If you are ever feeling unloved, just draw yourself lots of hearts and give them to yourself. All the hearts are for you.





3 comments:

  1. I am a fidget as well! I cannot sit and watch tv for long without thinking of doing something else at the same time. And the drawing of hearts for yourself is a wonderful idea!
    Thank you sharing :)
    C | http://atlantic-c.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good idea!

    www.livingpaula.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x