Diary: Sun & Rain


I have been doing a lot of scribbling lately, and painting, and drinking a lot of water. All themes evident in my diary this week. I read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which is probably my favourite book of the year so far, and I'm currently reading The Shepherd's Life by James Rebanks, which has some good pictures of sheep inside.


The weather has been variable in quite an oddly nice way. On Tuesday it poured down with rain and I got soaked coming home. That wasn't very nice, but there is something I like about lots of pouring rain. The thunder of it and the way it makes me feel small and sheltered. I like it. It was also super sunny yesterday, and I liked the way the sun shone through the kitchen blinds.


I'm trying to do lots of collaging and painting and scribbling because I love being in a constant mess of doing stuff. It feels like the right creative state. This is partially because I've accumulated a bunch of books and some magazines lately and I want to make space, and partially because I'm just amazed at how many paints and notebooks I have at the moment and I want to roll around in them like an excited puppy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x