Paint & Pages


I currently own fourteen tubes of paint, so I decided to do lots of watery painting with lots of colours in my journal for a while. I like using plenty of water because it changes the way the paints combine and makes lots of splattery, galaxy-like areas.


I like seeing all the colours melt into each other. I think when I've used up all these tubes of paint I might try sticking to watercolours for a while, because y'know, they're in a nice little tin and everything.


I really like using big blobs and smooshing them around because it feels cathartic and impactful and destructive, but I also like gentle watercolours, so y'know, variation.


For now though, I'm enjoying being in this zone of making abstract, watery, lumpy paintings on all my journal pages.

6 comments:

  1. You're just being free with the colors. Freedom!

    Hope you're well.


    Ron | Nearby Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am! And I'm very well thank you, I hope you are too! :-)

      Delete
  2. I really love these, particularly the 3rd one. I love seeing this kind of unstructured, abstract art, it's beautiful.

    Beth | Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so fun looking, I really feel like going and painting now! :)
    xo
    malimichaelablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x