Flesh & Robotics


Something about scans I like is that sometimes when I have a fuzzy head they can make it feel clear. Something about the simplicity and reality of my face. Busy thoughts fall away when I just survey the clarity of my image. It also can happen by looking in a mirror (I like to look right into my eyes), or sometimes just from looking at the bones, veins, grooves of my hands. It's a nice way to be brought back to an easy reality.


It can be kinda gross to think about our bodies too much or to think of ourselves as machines, but sometimes I find it comforting to do so. We are built for certain purposes and can do certain things. We have every feeling and thought for a reason. We're squishy machines. I enjoy that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x