My Favourite 'Wreck This Journal' Pages


Some time after finishing my first Wreck This Journal I decided to grab another one and try it again. I thought it would be really fun to see what I did differently the second time around. I decided, however, to only showcase a selection of my favourite pages this time. I thought it might actually be more fun to only fill in some of it myself and then pass it along to someone else, making it a collaborative journal, so I might do that.


It definitely feels different approaching it a second time. Kinda like visiting an old friend or going back to your home town. There's a sense of familiarity, but everything's a little different.


I do notice that I come back to some of the pages that I particularly loved in my first journal and I feel the same excitement about them that I originally did. I like one of the first pages, where you write your name, because it acts as a nice little handwriting study. I like the pages that instruct you to scribble all over them or colour them in.


I also like pages where I get to drip things and write lists. It's always a good idea to write a list.


I like the "draw with your left hand" page because I love to draw wobbly stuff, but I always wish this page was worded slightly differently so it would mean the same thing for left-handed people.


Most of all though, I love disregarding what the pages actually say, in the true spirit of the journal. Doing the exercises is fun, but I think it's even better when you pick and choose what you want to do and get experimental with the rest. That's part of what gives it repeat value. There are endless possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I love WTJ! I got one a couple of years ago, and there's still a few things I need to finish! This post inspired me to drag it out from the depths of my bedroom and revive it 😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x