Mummy Tortoise

Here I am today. I am twenty five years old, and when I was little my ambitions were to be a mummy tortoise, Jarvis Cocker, and then a journalist. I have not yet become any of those things. I have hair that is mostly straight but slightly wavy. It's currently noticeably lighter towards the ends just because it's long enough to have lightened over time (many thanks to the sun for doing my hair).


I have travelled to seven countries in my life so far: America, France, Germany, Slovakia, Austria, the Czech Republic, and Iceland. I'd like to visit Japan, China, New Zealand, and Russia. I'd like to visit a lot of places, but I'd also like to visit more places close to home. Towns across the UK, and maybe Ireland and Wales since I've never visited either. France feels like home, somehow, even though my French is terrible.


My favourite author is currently Shirley Jackson, and my favourite band is probably Depeche Mode. The last song I listened to as of writing is Trampoline by Kero Kero Bonito. I suspect I might be at my best age in ten years, but more likely there will be no best age. I'm just excited to be in my thirties. I've always been excited for being in my thirties. I'm not sure why. I don't think youth is particularly important. I don't expect my life to change very much from now on, but who knows.


Maybe in the future I will become a mummy tortoise after all.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x