Baby Evolution


A few old paintings have been falling down from my wall lately, and while thankfully it hasn't ruined the wall yet, it's a little alarming. There are small pink children raining on me at unexpected moments. Very spooky. But I thought it would be nice to take those pour souls that fell down, and turn them into something new in my journal.

It's really fun to destroy something old and rearrange it, and although these paintings are sort of longstanding and meaningful in their own way, I sort of relish turning them into something else and cutting them up and splicing them together. I always like to think that if all of my art, or anything I'd ever made, was somehow destroyed, that it would only bring new opportunity. Still, it makes me happy to have these old paintings still here with me, whatever I do with them now.


I remember using up the grid patterned notepad and pack of A5 paper I used to make them all back in 2012. I remember finishing my white and red paint really quickly. I remember, faintly, the hurried, squiggly brushstrokes I used. The fever of making a wall full of lumpy pink babies. And now they can splinter and grow, after all this time, and it's kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x