Halloween Good

Halloween and autumn in general make me feel so happy and right like nothing else, so I'm just gonna talk about that for a while. This post is illustrated by some cute pictures of some Halloween Pusheens that I have. Look at them. They're so cute. My tiny cat pumpkin children.


I don't know why it is though that this time feels so right. I mean, the weather is at its mildest and most attuned to me personally. The time between the sweaty haze of hell that encompasses the middle of the year, and the freezy time that doesn't even bother to bless me with beautiful snowflakes most of the time. Which reminds me, last time it snowed here I was working at a hair salon and there was a little bird that kept sitting in front of the salon by the snow. It seemed to disappear when the snow did. So precious.


But I guess there's this warmth to everything, a nice cosiness. The air gets cool and crisp and nice, and you get to wear your best lumpy knitted jumpers and everything is good. And of course I just love all the spooky stuff, but fundamentally I feel like this is the seasonal time when I feel the most like I belong. And maybe it sounds weird, but I just feel more myself at this time than any other. Everything's pretty, and comfortable, and a little magical. And then all the spooky scary stuff.


Bugs and bats and forests. Maybe this is partly because I've always been an insect fan, and a fan of crawling into forbidden bushes that children weren't supposed to play in. There's a sense of muddy adventure in the autumn. Everything's messy and changing, but in some kind of fascinating, eerie, perfect way.

It's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x