The Universe & its Mysteries (ft. Carly Rae Jepsen)


Nothing makes sense except Carly Rae Jepsen and the glow of the moon. The two constants. Everything else is illusion. I know because I've seen the truth, and it involves a lot of saxophone solos and vast swathes of pitch black night. I can't say much more than that, because I've signed a non-disclosure agreement, but what I will say is PLEASE stock up on the bog roll.

In spite of the unfurling of messy, tangled tendrils of time and space as it happens, here I am subsequently entangled in a small and hollow void made of shadow and glass and a moving column of light that makes a transportable memory of me. Wow, sorry, it's fun to describe everyday technology in sort of mystical fantasy novel ways. The point is, here are some scans that I did.


Back to the intricacies of the universe for a moment - via Carly Rae Jepsen of course, our eternal lord - it's that funky and unstoppable whirling that exists on both an intergalactic and interpersonal level that I find interesting and comforting and great and confusing and terrible. You know, how the known universe expands continuously and orbits are happening all the time and there's a lot of dust (please read that in Matt Lucas's voice). Just like basically all of our human lives (y'know... a lot of dust). And the thing that I love about Carly Rae Jepsen is that she captures that in a particular, oozing kind of way in her songs. Everything is very intensely focused on that kind of whirling, burning, orbiting, expanding dust that we think of as indicative of the human condition.

I mean, she has a song called Warm Blood, which is about warm blood, and in which she says "warm blood feels good". You know what I mean? Maybe she's a vampire, also, which I'm totally supportive of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x