Diary: 2 Planes


Most of these diary pages are just tickets and my boarding pass, but hey I just really like to do that when I go somewhere. Stick a bunch of stuff into my diary, some artefacts. Paper treasures. Of course I had to crop them a bit for my diary since it's pretty small, but it's fun to collage with them a little bit.

So this entire week (well, six days) was my holiday to New York. I didn't actually have such a neat boarding pass until they tried to scan my shoddily printed out one and something wouldn't work quite right, so they gave me a card one. Much more snazzy.


I visited a few museums, but not too many. I didn't become overwhelmed by museums, which I think is way too easy to do. I love the MoMA though and I'm really glad I got to go there finally, since when I was in New York the last time my group and I decided not to go. But I think it's my favourite of the big ones. Starry Night is in there, and it's pretty cool. I wanted to take a picture of myself with it, but there are always a lot of people right there looking at it so I decided not to. I don't want to impose on other people's museum experience too much, y'know.

I also had the best and weirdest day meeting my friend on Tuesday. It rained a lot and we spent an inordinate amount of time in a playground anyway. Also there was amaretto, so, I mean, perfect.


I also tried Airbnb for the first time and stayed in this super nice place in Brooklyn that laid on really lavish buffet breakfast every day, and oh my god, it ruled. I'm sold on Airbnb now.

Getting home was kinda weird. I'm usually pretty excited to go home, but this time I was just kinda grumpy about it. The flight captain on the plane home was complaining about Kennedy airport about every ten minutes while we taxied for almost two hours, so that was pretty funny. He was updating us about the wait and constantly saying, "unfortunately, it's Kennedy." I watched the entirety of Cloverfield before we even took off, and then I just slept for most of the journey because it was overnight and I was lucky enough to have an unused seat next to me. Love to lie down for hours on a plane and listen to music. They had Charli XCX's album 'Number 1 Angel' on there, so everything was good.

After I got home, at some point I saw someone talking about Animal Crossing, and it must have been exactly what I needed because I started playing it and it felt so right. So good. Gotta take care of my town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x