Body Catalogue


Here are some scans. Look at my really good eyebrow. And my accidental spindly moustache. Life is truly a gift and a beauty. Sometimes I yearn for a strange moustache, and I'm glad that life has blessed me with a way to simulate this, one of my sweetest fantasies.

There's something very fun about holding my face while I scan it, like it's a delicate object only to be placed very purposefully and carefully onto things. Love to think of my body parts as disjointed, mysterious objects that one can pick up and put down like museum pieces catalogued and stored away. Surely that's the best way to perceive the body. And maybe scanning it lends itself to that. It's good.


The real and strange shifting of light and form become funny puzzle pieces. One tiny segment at a time. And it's fun that the body is this whole big thing that you know, but also this myriad of tiny things, pores and chemical processes. I like all the minutiae of it. The tininess and the vastness.


Take an eyelash as if it's a tear-off strip of paper from the bottom of an advert on a local noticeboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x