A Penny For Your Thoughts: 50 Thoughts


I want someone to donate a single penny to me. This is a weird blog post. Please bear with me. You know how people with fundraisers always say "if you all donated a penny it would make a big difference" or "every penny counts" or something like that? Well it is a very specific and pointless ambition of mine to receive a donation of 1 pence through Paypal. Don't ask me why. Well actually, do ask me why, that's what this blog post is about.

I think it's something to do with the image of someone, at their computer, chuckling to themself because they're about to transfer someone the actual tiniest amount of money possible. And then the other person on the other end of this exchange being all "lol got meself a penny". It's amusing in the perfect tiny way.

To incentivise the realisation of this weird dream (and possibly also to satirise the convention of artists & creatives providing free labour/content), I am now going to write a list of 50 thoughts (compiled across whatever length of time it took me to have them). That way you can consider yourself paying me a penny for my thoughts.

So if you would like to be a part of that, here is a button. If you feel like it, you can 'buy' my thoughts for a penny.



50 Thoughts:
  1. why do my thumbnails break so far down at the sides when all my other nails are fine and not so rude?
  2. why am I so hot and need to drink an entire lake right now?
  3. still can't believe I'm not in One Direction
  4. what if I could get paid for lying down and singing Backstreet Boys songs?
  5. I love dogs
  6. Top Gear would be best if it was presented by me and two clones of me
  7. smells are so cool, I love smells in general (not bad ones obviously)
  8. I want to steal all my bf's mum's cardigans
  9. Jedward seem like they would be fun to hang out with and give you a lot of compliments
  10. why are my feet always cold?
  11. how am I not a pop star?
  12. I wish I could live in the Sylvanian Families world
  13. I could probably eat pizza every day
  14. having freshly cleaned teeth feels really good (I wish they felt like that all the time)
  15. wow everyone is 2 cute for this world
  16. I want an excitable girl gang to dance to One Direction with, but I also want to be alone with myself and herbal tea forever
  17. Emma Blackery rhymes with strawberry daquiri - I wonder if she likes those
  18. imagine if you could buy individual Tic Tacs
  19. if I made my own feature film it would be about robot cats who have to save the world with sarcasm
  20. literally let me join One Direction and I will convince them a Steps cover album is the next step
  21. I want cookies with chocolate orange chunks in them
  22. WHO wants to purchase this scribbly cat drawing from me for £1000?
  23. I've just eaten but I think my stomach wants me to eat again
  24. maybe I should just exhibit a massive painting of Mary Berry tasting a cake for my degree show
  25. I wish it was okay to wear tights as trousers because they are so comfy on their own
  26. place one hundred thousand flowers in my hair and take a photo
  27. star jumps are very cool
  28. I think dark circles are really very pretty
  29. how do I become a professional bed tester?
  30. I quite fancy a Munchies Easter egg
  31. I want to be the new doctor in Doctor Who and my companion can be Avril Lavigne
  32. for some reason I am having a craving for those pizza baguette things they had at school
  33. I wonder what Pokémon I would be if I was a Pokémon
  34. I wonder what Pokémon Harry Styles would be if he was a Pokémon
  35. Phil Mitchell memes are my favourite memes
  36. please give me every lipstick
  37. new trend: wearing lavender all over your body instead of clothes
  38. love the soothing sound of a road drill to lull me to sleep... beautiful
  39. I might just listen to some Papa Roach, a nice bit of teen memories
  40. why did Cascada never release a Black Sabbath cover album?
  41. if tea was a person we'd definitely be best friends, until I drank that person
  42. I think I'm pretty cute when I wake up and look like I've slept in a bush
  43. some day I must command a gang of crows
  44. I'm the queen of egg sandwiches
  45. pointing is really fun, I just love pointing at things
  46. cats are truly amazing
  47. I wonder what type of cake best suits my personality
  48. if Coronation Street ever ends they should have Sephiroth burn the street down and look menacingly into the camera, backlit by the flames
  49. me, Ed Sheeran, and two pigeons should form a band
  50. UFO really means Ultra Fancy Otter

10 comments:

  1. #9!!!!! its a shame people always talk negatively about them. personally i think they look like loads of fun to hang out with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I mean I totally understand finding them irritating, but they just seem really... sweet.

      Delete
  2. PIZZA BAGUETTES!! oh god. and baked beans on chips. i actually tried to donate but the button just takes me to my account page. don't have your deets. AM I BEING PUNKED?? have a very good day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not sure what happened there, the link was all screwed up! Should be all fixed now (but yeah, you're totally being Punk'd, always).

      You have a good day too! :-) x

      Delete
  3. This is one of the coolest blog posts I've ever read! Love your sense of humor ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH, that is so sweet! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. This is amazing I love your blog!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post idea and some thought-provoking posts.
    Penny sent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I will create a shrine to your penny~ :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x