Marker Celebration ♡


I had some paint-washed pages in my square sketchbook that I'd been saving to draw on later when the time was right (I like to prepare with lots of colour because having alternatives to a blank page is always a good idea), and I guess the right time came because I ended up with these cute 'n' messy compositions.

I wonder if the size and shape of these pages makes them so lively. They are very rich and playful and happy. I guess a lot of that is also to do with the thickness and density of the marker. It forces me to forego all subtlety and make quick, sweeping, decisive hand movements. I like embracing that kind of necessary looseness.





6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. It must be so fun to pop into a colorful page in the midst of white pages.

    Girl Against Oleka

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, those are so pretty yet colourful <3 :D

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x