Outfit: Knit Dress & Oversized Shirt

I love dresses but I don't wear them all that often because they can be tough to layer, but I think I found a cool way to layer them: with a button down tied at the waist.

This shirt was given to me by my mum and it is so comfy! I love the lighter back of the fabric on the inside - it gives a great little touch of detail when rolled or cuffed. Oversized button downs are so great because you can just wear a huge shirt and maybe feel like you are wearing pyjamas all day, maybe tuck it into something and be an adorable baggy shirted person, or you can - if it's long enough - wear it as a dress. There's a special kind of thrill in wearing something in a way it's not exactly supposed to be worn.


My knit dress is from Primark and is very comfy and great for cold or transitioning weather. It does have potentially awkward short sleeves though, so the shirt adds a nice up top looseness and some long arms. It also breaks up the simple dress into a really cute two piece look. This dress is really good for that, as it has a cute but simple textured skirt section.


I've also gone for Spice Girl style twin tail bunches. Don't ask me why. I think I just like how it feels to have two swishy tails of hair up there. I also think I enjoy looking somewhere on the edge of silly. Orange-red lips kinda go with the brightness of the tights. And with this hair/lips/tights combo I feel like I'm channelling Eline a little bit, which makes me very happy.


6 comments:

  1. I love this skirt. It looks both cool and super comfy. Awesome look, as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this outfit a lot ! The dark green shirt and red tights, love how they match...
    I should stop wearing black and white clothes and try sometime xxx ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love pairing red with all sorts. Black and white is a great combo though. I used to wear all black only for a long time. Sometimes I miss that.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x