Day In the Life: A Normal Day In


I thought I'd do a cool day-in-the-life sort of post because I do have a general routine, although it is loosely adhered to. It's quite a nice thing to focus on when you're trying to be chilled out - just appreciating your daily life and stuff.


I usually wake up naturally and lie in bed cuddling the bedding and/or cuddly toys for a while. Then when I get up, my first duties are pretty much loading up my Animal Crossing town (to pick fruit and make bank deposits/loan repayments), checking my emails and social media, and doing my language reviews. Optional additions at this point include making a cup of tea.


I do language reviews every day and try to do them first thing in the morning so that they are out of the way. I use Anki (for various languages), Kanji Koohii (for Japanese - specifically kanji), and Duolingo (for German). My main focus is Japanese, and then German, but I also have a little bit of Latin, Russian, and French going on in Anki. It looks like I'm doing a lot here, but I'm not. At the moment I am only learning one or two words from each language per week. The majority of my flashcard reviews are to maintain what I have previously learned. I don't have a consistent learning pattern, I just try to learn a bunch of new words occasionally when I have some spare time and I feel like it. So pretty much what I'm doing here is making sure I'm slowly drilling the stuff I have already learned into my brain for good.


I sit with my laptop on my bed (with these cuties all around me) and I am pretty leisurely about checking up on social media, emails, and blogs. Since blogging is my main focus in general, I like to spend a lot of time catching up with what other people are posting, whether it's on their blogs or Twitter accounts or whatever. I often watch YouTube videos whilst I'm running errands in Animal Crossing as well. Somewhere amongst this I have breakfast and come up with some blog ideas or other creative plans.


After some thorough browsing, around the middle of the day, I tend to get to work on writing, photographing, and scheduling blog posts. Sometimes this happens earlier or later, but I've definitely noticed a tendency for around 11am - 2pm to be a natural time frame for getting to work. This might also mean painting, journalling, or taking photos of my outfit. This is usually a good time for another tea, and lately I like to switch teas throughout the day. I'm currently enjoying Tetley's Raspberry & Pomegranate green tea (the raspberry taste is really good). It's also a good time for lunch or snacks.

This pretty much sets the tone for the day, and I work on stuff with lots of breaks for watching TV, reading, and eating (I have a pretty sporadic way of working and like to jump to different things a lot to keep my momentum and inspiration up). Later on in the day I usually tend to little jobs and errands like organising my room or putting clothes in the washing machine. I usually add to my diary in the evening too. Then it's time to go to sleep, and I have a big glass of water and get comfy. Sleep is always the best when I feel well hydrated and know I've done some good stuff that day.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, you're very cute! Nice blog you have here ^_^

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x