5 Favourite Songs | February 2018

It's time for my February round-up of 5 of the best songs I've been listening to this month. Many of these are actually new releases, because I've been listening to plenty of new and tasty music during February, so let's talk about some of it!


1. Pale Waves - The Tide


I'm completely head over heels in love with Pale Waves, a very much up and coming band hot on the heels of The 1975 (who they have a lot of direct involvement with - they toured together and Matty Healy directed a music video for them) with a synth-y, darkened pop sound that I live for. The Tide is a beautifully undulating addition to their growing catalogue of their slightly brooding, but incredibly dancable tracks. Their EP is out now, and I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Links: YouTube | Spotify


2. Kero Kero Bonito - Only Acting


I've been a big KKB fan for a while, and it seems they're back with another catchy little bop. This one goes in a somewhat spooky direction, and I love the music video for it which reminds me of so many things, not least 1990s music TV culture, the wave of Japanese horror that accompanied the film Ring into our collective consciousness, and the found footage style that found footing around the same time. It's a great foray into the pop culture of that time period that clearly inspires Kero Kero Bonito a lot. And the song is cracking.

Links: YouTube | Spotify


3. Not3s, Mabel - My Lover (Radio Edit)


This keeps being advertised to me on Spotify, and I'm glad because it's good. This song is really smooth and relaxing and makes really good use of male/female dual vocals for a beautiful harmonising effect. The video is pretty cute too. It involves candy floss and teddy bears.

Links: YouTube | Spotify


4. BoA - ONE SHOT, TWO SHOT


BoA is a living legend, having debuted at age thirteen in the year 2000. She is still out here releasing incredible music, and this new single has me shocked to my core. I love it. It's delicate and smooth initially before building up to a brilliant dance track that is both energetic and effortless. Get thee on the dancefloor.

Links: YouTube | Spotify


5. They Might Be Giants - When Will You Die


This is a wonderfully cathartic song to listen to if you hate someone. It's refreshingly upbeat, straightforward, and happily hateful. It may have been released in 2011, but it's a timeless, playful, funny, and freeing song.

Links: YouTube | Spotify


I'm really excited to see what will end up being my favourite tracks next month, but in the meantime please let me know what you're listening to at the moment. I need to know about ALL the music. All of it. Find me on the dancefloor wishing I had BoA's multicoloured sequin jumpsuit.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these songs, but I definitely need to check them out! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Felicity | http://oliverandmoose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like one/some of them! Do you have any song recommendations? :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lil! I listened to The Tide by Pale Waves and it sort of reminded me of the band 'Fickle Friends. You should listen to Swim and Could Be Wrong, they're my favorites. ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x