In My Field Of Paper Flowers


There's such a calming effect to making paper props for my scans. Often I'm too lazy and just scan my face to speak for itself, which I think is necessary anyway as my 'scanner adventures' are really about my face first and foremost and me as an existing human person, but in this post there are lots of paper things, and it's nice.


A little bit of visual flair goes a long way, and the scruffy black lines and clean white paper offer a nice contrast to all those fleshy, muddy, flaxen tones of the body. It's strange to remember I'm still growing and moving through life when I'm busy whirling around in my days like a little human candy floss just drinking my tea and so on. The paper things almost add to the sense of time passing that is minutely present through the scans. Strange.


And yes, I took the title of this post from the Evanescence song 'Imaginary', because I am very cool. It's a great song.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x