I'm Never Cutting My Fringe Again


Okay, not to be dramatic, but cutting my fringe back in is the worst thing I've ever done. It's always a mistake. I think I'll look like some cute anime girl wearing six hundred petticoats and a chocolate brown bonnet and always being followed by cats, but I end up looking like the 1970s has spat directly onto my entire life. David Cassidy might've been able to pull of the "fringe weirdly swooshing out to both sides" look, but sadly I am not David Cassidy.


I look like some kind of blonde mushroom with a small bald spot, because there is a cowlick right at the top of my scalp that is hell bent on reminding the world I have a big white head, as if it must be documented. If my cowlick had hands it would probably email The Daily Mail photos of my scalp looking like Moses parted my hair as he did the Red Sea. Is biblical punishment being enacted upon my noggin? Probably.

Here is how it happens:


So I vow to refrain from this most grievous of sins again. I shall let my hair grow long, like a waterfall (a waterfall that sheds strands constantly and gets on everything, mind). I shall become Lady Godiva (anything to ride a horse - actually horses are very high up, so perhaps not). I shall respect the cycle of nature and let my hair assume direct control of itself henceforth. I shall ban all scissors from my vicinity and then swear in frustration when I need to cut out a beautiful picture of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson from a magazine to add to my Dwayne shrine. I shall resist the mysterious allure of whichever hair demon is beckoning me.

I'm going to stay in the No Fringe Club forever. Do NOT unlock the door. Please.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to treat erectile dysfunction but thank you xx

      Delete
  2. I feel this so much. Every time it is a horrible mistake yet i keep doing it. I even want to again once my hair grow out, which is such a bad decision lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the ALLURE of cutting your hair, it really is some kind of magical curse and it must be STOPPED!

      Delete
  3. haha i feel you. One time i cut my hair too short too.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this is hilarious, I cut my hair myself the other day and I am having a break down since haha totally feel your pain! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do that with my bangs too
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these illustrations, what a cute and yet funny idea :)
    and btw. I used to do that with my bangs too,
    when I had bangs :D

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you've recovered from the bangs :-)

      Delete
  7. Welcome to the No Fringe Club! Never been outside it, never wanted to leave. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm welcome! I shall endeavour to stay :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x