LOVE DOG: Red & Blue Paintings


I've said it a million times, but I love aimless painting. Painting with no idea what you're doing and making everything up as you go along. Painting big shapes and just enjoying the feeling of the brush on the paper. Sometimes I like to have plans and ideas stored up in a metaphorical big box of ideas (I love to keep notes and I find that the more notes I keep, the more naturally and spontaneously ideas seem to come to me), but other times I like to just wing it. These paintings were more towards the latter.


I seem to have stumbled into a heart-focused theme here, and I embrace that. I love hearts. I also really like the blue/red colour combination, so I've gone for that again. A nice and easy colour combo that I love revisiting.


I'm not sure why I own lined notebooks considering I always paint in them much more than I write in them. Maybe I should make sure to stick to plain pages in the future. It doesn't really matter though. Maybe I should hand-write more. I love doing it - there's something therapeutic and rhythmic about writing things out.


Anyway, these paintings were really fun to do. I love the hearts, the colours, and the things that fall out of my brain and perpetuate my continuous animal-related amusement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x