Bubblegum Heaven


I love the way this light blue and pink look together. It's like bubblegum heaven. A very nice image. I had a very relaxing painting session with these colours as well as some loud orange. I painted a bit thinly and quickly here, so some parts of things in this post are a bit faint, but I suppose that represents how light and cheerful I was feeling when I painted them.


I know I reference flowers and how sweet they are a lot, but that's because it never stops being true. Flowers are one of those things that I always feel very happy to see. I can't be sad if I see a petal gently ruffling in the breeze. Flowers should be everywhere, I think.


I really love this soft lilac colour, and it seems to go well with the orange (diluted a little bit with water for a softer look). Actually, this orange has just conjured up a memory from my childhood. I had an orange pen that I loved for a while. I have no idea why that memory just appeared at the forefront of my mind, but there you go. I remember it being the only good pen I had at my grandfather's house, so I had to draw everything in orange for a while. I must've been around twelve.


This is my paint palette, and a mysterious night scene that I'm working on. I don't often paint over black like this, but I think it's something I'd like to try a bit more.

Below is a very silly painting I did of a blue Pompompurin. He is surrounded by hearts, because of course, I love him.


6 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x