Dear Kylo Ren

It's a brand new year, the air is cold, and I love the Star Wars. I've been sucked into the series with a big sci-fi hoover, and what did it was firstly the sarcastic robot in Rogue One (alongside a brilliant stand alone story and the magnificence we mere mortals refer to as Mads Mikkelsen), and secondly - Kylo Ren.


Let it be known that I love a good villain. Joan Ferguson from Wentworth and Regina from Once Upon a Time are two of my big favourites. I love people who can carry that chaotic, bright, smouldering badness with this wonderful sense of murky, scattering humanity. And Kylo Ren in The Last Jedi gets that wonderfully right.


In The Force Awakens (the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy), Kylo Ren seemed interesting, but I suppose my focus was on Finn and our dear friend BB-8 (I love you, BB-8) in that one. It's in The Last Jedi that Kylo Ren really comes into his own as an explosive, high-trousered, calculating My Chemical Romance fan constantly on the verge of either tears or DESTRUCTION, and I love it. I'm ready to dive into that weird black cave with a lot of mirrors in it and dye my hair black immediately.

I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x