Outfit Post Gone Wrong

Sometimes when blogging, a disaster happens. I was attempting an outfit post - or rather, the photo taking portion that I was doing before the writing of the post itself - and it just didn't work. This is the thing with outfit shots. Sometimes you're having a bad hair day, and sometimes you just completely forget how to pose and end up looking like a confused fashion walrus. I was going to scrap this post, but then I thought, no - let's post this, and explain the ways I failed, and have a good laugh at blogging.


I think everyone who has been blogging for a while will have a post (or several posts) that they're not particularly proud of. It's very easy to look back on old posts and see all the things you've improved on since, which is great, but it does bring with it a certain kind of embarrassment. In all honestly, I'm quite fond of the vast majority of old posts on this blog, but there are some old pictures that crack me up to look back on.

For this post, a few things went wrong. Let me set the scene. I wanted to do a simple outfit shot with a new UNIQLO skirt (the furry one in the image below), but however I photographed it just didn't work. Something about the skirt combined with the other outfit elements I chose, my environment, and my face apparently not knowing what it's doing, meant that it just didn't look quite right. So I changed skirts.


I think I also thought the ribbon would add a bit of cuteness to the outfit, but in these pictures it just looks a bit odd. Maybe it's the placing, or that it all looks a bit too random together, or that I'm not situated in a Disney castle. The outfit as a whole needed something different going on, the shadow in the room really wasn't helping me, and I guess my face was in a distant land thinking about dinner or something.


I switched to my lovely pink velvet skirt (from Tesco), as it added a nice colour matching element with the ribbon, making the outfit look less discordant, but still things did not go very well and I think my posing became steadily worse as I kept trying. The sun probably went behind the clouds out of embarrassment. Holding my teddy bear didn't help me, and my hair started trying to crawl away from my body (a futile attempt at escape).


It was a wonderfully awkward attempt. But please enjoy the outfit anyway, featuring a teddy bear who is absolutely judging me (fair enough).

bow - Primark
polo shirt - gift
skirt 1 - UNIQLO
skirt 2 - Tesco
complete lack of shame - model's own

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think the pictures turned out super lovely! But I know what you mean with the outfit post that went wrong - to my own surprise especially are these pictures often belong to the most successful post :) Honestly, I have no explanation for that and therefore I try know to post nearly every outfit we photographed :)
    With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes it seems better after a while too, so it's good to leave your pictures and look later when they'll maybe seem nicer.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x