Journal: I LOVE TO BE EMBARRASSING


I've been very much enjoying journaling recently. I decided to think of this journal as a true outlet for whatever goes on in my head, and just to ignore that part of my brain that wants to give some kind of thought to what I'm drawing - not today brain, you're not needed!

I often have it in the back of my mind when I'm drawing something that I'm going to probably post it online somewhere, and whilst that generally just makes me try to be a bit neater than I might be otherwise, I think it's always good to make yourself take a step back and do something that is just for you and very direct. I wrote myself a little list of thoughts I had about this.


JOURNAL RULES



  • journal honestly + chaotically
  • collage weird + random stuff
  • sleep well
  • take pictures + paint over them + make a new memory
  • the journal is your brain
  • LOVE THAT MESS OF DREAMS + COLOURS IN YOUR HEAD
  • take screenshots of everything good
  • everything is fog FOG FOG FOG



I'm going to try and keep one messy journal like this for a while. Full of my thoughts and miscellaneous shapes and stuff. It's a nice antidote or counterpart to other paintings/drawings that are a bit more controlled.

8 comments:

  1. love your work! i don't find it embarrassing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I don't find it messy at all!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, messy is something I enjoy, but all the same :)

      Delete
  3. I love it how different this journal is and it is absolutely fun to see and and read it! And I neither have the opinion it is messy!
    With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :o)

      Delete
  4. This is such an awesome journal and I love that it is made up of anything and everything (within the rules) and it all works so well together because it all comes from you! Sometimes it is nice to just have some time for exploration rather than making finished art all the time.

    Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it really is. I think exploration is something you gotta always keep doing!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x