You Fool, You Coward


I love the way mindless painting can lend itself to strange parts of the imagination that pop up to surprise you. I like to paint a lot whilst watching something, or just whilst idly thinking as my brain switches to automatic mode. It's weird how far away from reality you can drift whilst doing something like painting.


I ended up painting two circles who then became planets. One is a plucky young planet ready to take on the universe, and the other is a cowboy, inexplicably. Please respect the cowboy planet.


I've been painting in some of my largest notebooks, and I always feel like I have to do something different with the compositions when I use them. There's so much space, it almost feels a bit too vast, but it's always good to switch around and do something slightly different whenever possible to promote a certain amount of flexibility. Painting big things and drawing small things.

Here's some mess:


4 comments:

  1. You do amazing paintings!!

    I can imagine it must be very relaxing for the mind!

    Andrea.


    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I love the process really, it's a fun time.

      Delete
  2. I love your paintings! Too bad I can't draw or paint to save my life.

    www.onyixtus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I bet you'd surprise yourself in a life threatening situation. I mean, I painted some blobs here, anyone can do that :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x