50 Things I Love

Sometimes things are not good and I think that when things are not good I immediately benefit from trying to focus on positive things and things I'm grateful for, as well as making stuff of some kind - doing anything creative just to complete something because it makes me feel good no matter what.


As I've gotten older I've really come to value gratitude and love and emotional earnestness and honesty so much more, and I think it's helped me so much, so I wanted to put together a fun list of stuff that I love and am grateful for. I think it's really easy to sink into negative thinking and focus on your insecurities and worries and all the things you don't like, and whilst I'd also say I'm pretty good at being positive in general, it's still valuable to remind myself to be purposeful in focusing on happy stuff. So here's fifty things I love.

  1. Seeing mysterious dogs on the street. Where are they going? Who are they? I love them.
  2. Dreamy pop music (right now, The Aces).
  3. Sending cute animal pictures to my friends.
  4. Getting excited about stuff with other people.
  5. Being unashamedly silly.
  6. Frogs.
  7. Unexpected cowbell.
  8. Bill Wurtz.
  9. Secret lip syncing.
  10. Mario of Super Mario fame. He's so cute. I wanna kiss his cheek.
  11. Reading a new YA fiction book within 3 days. I love reading them fast. Makes me feel alive.
  12. A really good, relaxing bath.
  13. Bowls of pasta.
  14. Learning cute words in other languages.
  15. Bird calls.
  16. Celestial bodies of all shapes and sizes and colours. They're beautiful and far away. The best.
  17. Learning new things.
  18. Reading 7 Wikipedia pages and then immediately forgetting everything I just read.
  19. Getting older and being able to grow as a person and experience new things.
  20. Tidying my bedroom and making everything neat and perfect.
  21. Drinking a big glass of water at a pub instead of beer. It's very satisfying somehow.
  22. Abba. Every day. Every hour. Every second. Always.
  23. Playing with the different tones on a keyboard for an hour. No one can stop me.
  24. Smileys with noses.  :-)  :^)  :o)
  25. The saxophone in Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Run Away With Me'. Really, nothing is better.
  26. Using a really satisfying pen. It feels so good. So right.
  27. Applying lip balm. I need it to live, but also it feels nice.
  28. Lemon drizzle cake. A really excellent type of cake, in my opinion.
  29. The way magpies hop around.
  30. Wearing a big comfy jumper.
  31. Looking out of a train window. So serene. So relaxing.
  32. Big cuddly toys.
  33. Small cuddly toys.
  34. Medium sized cuddly toys.
  35. Pistachio ice cream.
  36. Going to the woods. Walking around in there. Saying hello to the trees.
  37. Deleting unnecessary files.
  38. When cats look at me like I have wronged them. I probably have, but anyway it's cute.
  39. Woodlice. I don't why, I've just always liked them a lot.
  40. Napping. I don't do it often, but when I do, it's amazing.
  41. All the cool art in the world.
  42. Pulling funny faces.
  43. Spaghetti.
  44. The moon and the stars.
  45. Nice perfume.
  46. Dimples and dark circles.
  47. Wearing other people's clothes. Please give me your cardigan.
  48. Peonies, baby's breath, elderflower, etc.
  49. A nice loaf of French bread.
  50. Anyone who would willingly give me a piggyback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x