Returning To Duolingo

3 months ago I made a post about why I was quitting Duolingo. Last week, however, I started using it again. I did say at the end of that post that I might dip back into Duolingo if I wanted to learn a new language, and that's exactly why I've come back to it. I thought it would be fun to learn a little Spanish, since I really have no Spanish in my brain, and I should really have some Spanish in my brain.

Anyway now I know how to express a constant need for apples in Spanish.


It feels strange coming back to Duolingo to start a new language. All the pressure has melted away and I'm in that blissful, fresh new world with an unfamiliar language. The best time. It's been really fun, and discovering the new crown system that has been put in place since I've been gone has been super interesting too. I kinda miss the fluency percentage, but I think it was probably a good decision to remove it as it's sort of misleading to put a percentage on fluency like that. I also personally find that the crown system makes me much more inclined to practice my previously learned lessons more often, which is great for me because I had a real problem with rushing too far ahead in the past. Also I just love collecting crowns, for no reason whatsoever. I am a fool for crowns.


Please give me more crowns. Yo como manzanas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x