5 Favourite Songs | June 2018

This month I've been listening to a lot of soft and wild indie music, with a little bit of dreamy synth stuff thrown in. It's been nice. A little hazy, a little sunny. Let me detail my five favourite songs from June.


1. Tessa Violet - Crush


This is such a fun and cute song with a great, playful music video. I love the clinky, dusty piano music and the snippets of phone noises and talking. Something about this song makes me feel like I'm on tiptoes in a liminal space, and I love that. It also is such a perfect, carefree yet knowing song about the delightful weirdness of liking/thinking about someone. The repeating parts (crush crush crush crush crush / touch touch touch touch touch) are so great.

Links: Spotify | YouTube


2. Soccer Mommy - Your Dog


Soccer Mommy is so, so great and I highly recommend listening to the entire discography, but this is such a standout song. It's filled with so much calm rage and utilises expert delicacy. The bass is so dark and tasty.

Links: Spotify | YouTube


3. Flor - Unsaid


This is a beautiful synth pop wonderland that unfurls like a stream of blossoms. It's magic, it has a peppering of helplessness to it, and sounds like a riverside of fireflies. Totally glorious.

Links: Spotify | YouTube


4. Woodes - Dots


This is such a cool, mysterious, twinkling song. Synthy but understated, with magical vocal movements blinking throughout it. There's a gentle fantastical feel to this, and it's the best.

Links: Spotify | YouTube


5. The Courtneys - Silver Velvet


I love this song because it's so unapologetic. Something about the lines, "And nothing you say and nothing you do / Can stop me from thinking about you / Doesn't matter if it's right / You're just the one I like" just feels really great to me and makes me feel joyful. It's such a happy, sunny, grungy little song.

Links: Spotify | YouTube


I like the mix of stuff I've been listening to this month, and somehow it feels like it all fits in so well with the growing summer. So many carefree, fun, interesting songs. I hope next month will bring similar delights. I'm sure it will.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh yes, your dog by soccer mommy has recently become one of my faves!! u actually might like some of jay som or alex g even. im excited to check out the rest of the songs!!

    a fucking look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, right?! Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have to check those out! :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x