A Post About My Favourite Top


I was going to make this post about some of my favourite things in my wardrobe, but I just ended up taking pictures in this casual top - one of my favourites, because it's so comfortable and simple - so I'm going to talk about wearing simple and comfortable things instead. Also, please notice my strawberry, and respect it.


I'm noticing more and more that my favourite items of clothing are always the really simple, really well fitting, fairly classic and minimal items. I really like pops of colour and gentle, illustrative patterns (like the cream blouse I have with little blue swallows), but it's the cut, comfort, and simplicity that are most important to me.


I really like things that fit neatly into the 'smart casual' category, and I find myself drawn to the tea dresses Violet wears in A Series of Unfortunate Events, as well as the cute and quirky outfits Jess wears in New Girl (so many expertly paired colours and cute patterns - this stuff is what I'd like to gravitate towards). Similar influences include Emma Pillsbury from Glee, and to a lesser extent the colourful but slightly more modern wardrobe of a certain Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I would like more skater skirts and cropped cardigans, always.


One thing all these characters have in common, aside from having a generally neat look, is that their clothes are so well cut and detailed. A lot of the time I don't quite realise how poorly something fits on me, or I have trouble finding something that fits quite right and looks flattering, but when I do wear something that is cut perfectly to fit me, it is the greatest. And if it's comfortable too, then there we are, in heaven - me and my dream item of clothing. Possibly with elaborate angel wings.


So this is just a celebration of that, because I feel that way about this top, even though it now has a small hole in the armpit that I'm going to have to sew up.

2 comments:

  1. I see why you like this top so much. I have a few in this style myself and I get so much wear out of them. They are perfect to wear in pretty much all seasons besides summer. You could style them with a skirt, trousers, or jeans. Not to mention how comfortable they are! Have fun sewing :D

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x