Grass Stains & Journal Plans


I had a chaotic little painting session with some super muddy greens and blues recently, and some watery, bubbly paints making something that looks a bit like a grass stain in my journal. I think I'm gonna really destroy some journals soon and do lots of painting and collaging from journal to journal. I just want to make some feverish shapes and patterns and be rough in my assembly of something. I feel like I haven't done enough that's dense recently. I want to make a really thick journal again that bursts with so many discordant things. That's the plan.


Sometimes concentration is my biggest enemy and I want to throw dirt and broken leaves in my journal, so I'm going to do something like that and see what I end up with. Maybe make annotations and stick in some notes and things like that. Who knows. I'm going to spend some time making some very cathartic, messy, jumbled journal stuff I think. Dreamy, colourful, miscellaneous things.


Sometimes I think maybe my journal isn't really, truly my journal if I wouldn't hurl it into the sea and then drag it out and put something else in it. I gotta destroy it. Bury it and dig it back up again. Get some real grass stains on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x