Mundanity Is My Passion

I've been thinking about that feeling I have when I've just gotten out of the bath. When everything is perfect and bright and good, because I'm clean, and everything feels fresh. It's like I've washed my brain, cleaned it out like a cupboard. It's so good.


All the best feelings tend to come from things like that. I love the meaningless, inexplicable, gentle pleasure that comes from just living. Nothing else is as important as that. I've been drinking a 'night time' tea lately, and it is wildly delicious. It's Pukka Night Time Tea if you're curious. It's my favourite thing now. It tastes so good and I love to drink a hot sleep drink. I'm living my dreams, and it's perfect.


Other things that are perfect and good include:

  • Wearing a new shirt, I love to wear shirts now.
  • Jenna Marbles doing basically anything. Her endeavours are weirdly inspiring. She has so much fun! I also want to have so much fun.
  • When my friends, on Twitter dot com, post either pictures of themselves or a dog they saw that day. Those are beautiful moments. Maybe I should print out those tweets and put them on my pinboard.
  • Writing letters. I love writing letters. Preferably ones that are illegible and chaotic. Love to put things in an envelope. It's nice.
  • Wearing my pyjamas for an extended period. Or clothes I use as pyjamas, but no one knows, so I have the illusion of not wearing my pyjamas when I know the secret, the sneaky truth.

There are so many perfect domestic things and I am v. happy about them. That's all.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post Lil! I also love that clean and fresh feeling I get after I'm all clean, like I'm a brand new person! I love drinking tea at night too that helps you sleep better. There's one by Stash that my Dad and I drink called 'Chamomile Nights'. You should try it if you haven't! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love 2 be clean and new! Hmmm yes I should totally try that tea. Love a nice chamomile tea.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x