Invisalign Update: I Got My Attachments Off

Well, my Invisalign treatment has (initially) come to a close. I had the attachments removed from my teeth last week, and it's nice to have those smooth tooth surfaces back again. They look pretty great to me, and I'm really happy with how everything has turned out, however I am having some refinements to just make some minor movements and really get them looking just about perfect.


I think having the attachments removed is probably the most uncomfortable part of Invisalign overall. I had attachments on almost all of my top teeth, so it was a pretty involved process up there, and they had to jab me in the gums with the suction hose a lot while they were removing them, but it's all worth it to have my teeth freed from the tyranny of attachments. Liberation at last!


The most prominent 'unfinished' section of my teeth at the moment is the front bottom teeth. One of the teeth here is simply taller than the other, but the one next to it still needs to be rotated slightly, so that's the main focus for my refinements, as well as an even more slight rotation in one of my top front teeth.


I'm not sure yet if I will need a new attachment or two for the upcoming refinements (my dentist thinks this is unlikely to be necessary), but I am really pleased with the results so far, and I'm looking forward to having the slight improvement of refinements over the next couple of months, and then, finally, transitioning into the retention stage.

It's been so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. omg you look greaaat! (with or without treatment obvs) - i wonder how different this is to having braces? I've had braces for nearly two years now... can't wait to not have metal on my teeth and feel, like you said, the smooth surface again :') good luck with all the future refinements! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had traditional braces when I was a teenager and I MUCH prefer these, mostly because I find them so much easier to keep clean and it's great to be able to remove them totally (I knew I'd be really strict with making sure I wear them enough so no real downsides for me I think). Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x