Hat Man & Friends


Here are some paintings. Very simple ones I did fairly late in the evening with some black paint. It's satisfying to me to just use some black paint on its own, solid and easy. Black knows what it's doing and where it's going, whether I do or not.


I think it's pretty cool how certain shapes and patterns are embedded into my muscle memory after painting the same kind of things for years. It's very cosy and nice. It's like paintings get to happen all on their own, almost, because my hand will just make them without me being very aware of myself. I think that's something that's important to exercise and enjoy with art or anything creative. You gotta be able to play and be a bit flexible and spontaneous, and it makes all of your more considered work so much better, but it also just makes you feel good.


Here's my big favourite, hat man. He's a man who wears a hat. A true idol. An inspiration to us all, and a fashion icon. I'd like to be more like hat man. Wouldn't we all? I'm not a big hat wearer though.


Also, see these bunnies? They're very cool, and they know about it. They have assessed their own coolness, and they got a high reading on the cool-o-scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x