Hearts & Sunsets


As I write this it's the golden hour that comes before sunset, and I love it because it's as if time stops for a bit. The golden light is like a reminder to take a breath, to relax, to take a moment to watch the swaying tree branches.

There's a weird kind of peace that comes with completing something. Finishing an essay or getting through an errand. That's why I like to keep periodic lists, perhaps even if I know I'll remember the items without one, because that concrete ticking off of list items just feels good.


And in a moment of serendipity I'm also listening to the song "I Know" by Aly & AJ, which has the relaxed lyric, "Who's really gonna care about tomorrow? It's gonna be fine" so pleasantly, hazily unfurled.

There's a lightness as well to this relaxed evening feeling that is so heightened by having accomplished something small. It's so nice to have done anything in the day, like scribbling for fun or cleaning up the kitchen a bit. We should all take time to sit with that feeling. It's the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x