Purple Scribble


I was thinking for a while about what I should draw today, and then I realised I was considering it too much, because nothing seemed to slot into my mind quite right, so I decided I'd just do some scribbling. Only the scribbling ended up turning into all of these purple drawings, which are less scribbly than I'd intended, but I guess that illustrates perfectly how letting yourself just draw anything with no planning can end up producing some fun and good stuff.


I settled on a pink/purple colour scheme so that at least if all the drawings I made looked totally different to each other, they would have a little something to tie them together visually. Sometimes I really like making an irregular blob, or maybe several, and then turning that into a drawing, so I did that a lot for these, and I had a fine time. It can be a nice way to try slightly different poses or characters than you might otherwise. I always like taking a shape and turning it into a creature of some kind. I love that game you can play where someone draws a shape and then you have to fill it in.


I feel like that's how I tend to approach collaborative projects, when I can, too. Just take someone's stuff and scribble on it. You gotta remember to scribble all the time and just move around and work up a little energy. It's always a good exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x