Magazine Collages: You Are Delicious


It's been a good while since I last made collages, but these enticing pieces of shiny pipe made me do it again. I'm not sure why I like the pipe so much, but I do. Don't question it.

Something about these was really satisfying to make. I think it's super easy when making collages to focus too hard and end up with a fuzzy headache because you've been staring way to intently at a cut out piece of an arm or something, but the trick is definitely to collage very lazily. Possibly while wearing a silk robe, with a wine glass full of apple juice at hand. Not that I made these collages with that set-up, but it's nice to have a gentle fantasy. Alternate me is always wearing a silk robe and pearl necklace, in my imagination.


I used an issue of Glamour, but also a Waitrose magazine which had a lot of food stuff in it. Something about cutting out pretty pictures of food is quite soothing. I love to look at mushrooms and various fruits. That's my therapy of choice. Obviously that was what I had my mind resting on when I added the text here, "you are delicious".

It's weird and great how the landscapes of mountains and hills and fields seem to go so well with what I'm now going to call the landscape of bread. Mmm... landscape of bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x