What Secrets Do My Amazon Wishlists & Recommendations Reveal About Me?

I'm a super organised type of person and I like to fairly frequently update my Amazon wishlists and make sure they're up to date and neat. It's a bit of a hobby for me, really, I love to have a little browse on Amazon, look at all the BB-8 options or the old Barbies, or at cool tech stuff. So as you might imagine, I often see such damning evidence of the reality of my psyche as this:


So I thought, why not present this evidence to you now in a quick exploration of what I might look like to the big companies who use this kind of data to construct an aggregate profile of an actual person based on how many times they've clicked on weird costume items, colourful stickers, and amusingly-shaped lamps.

Basically I mostly do look at a lot of funny stuff because I love thinking about costumes I could possibly wear to the thousands of imaginary fancy dress parties I'm invited to in my fantasies. I also really like stickers, and sometimes get nostalgic about Teletubbies (Tinky Winky was always my favourite). This may explain a portion of my main wishlist.


The fake chest here is present because I am very interested in dressing up as shirtless Kylo Ren. It's absolutely necessary for my survival.

I also have a bunch of clothes there and some cute stuff, like these:


You gotta just have a Miffy sitting in your Amazon wishlist to watch over you and bring you luck. You don't put her there so you can purchase her, but so she acts as a digital talisman while you browse the Teletubbies stickers further. She's very supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x