Little Mischievous Hearts


This blue paint is a little weird. It always wants to be thinned out and watery for some reason. I don't question it. Never question paint, that's my advice. Anyway, here are some heart-themed paintings. It amuses me GREATLY to characterise hearts as spritely, mischievous, oblivious little creatures with gormless smiley faces and noodly arms. I hope hearts will be a new type of elf in the next Elder Scrolls game.


I love hearts so much. I love heart motifs, heart emoji (my favourite one is the sparkling heart (💖), and just... hearts. All hearts. Picture me, running through the streets, armfuls of hearts jostling and spilling behind me, onlookers shocked and alarmed. They can be so innocent and fluffy and nice. I think I feel the same way about love, as a word. Some people think it's thrown around too much and gets diluted in meaning because of that, but to me it's almost the opposite. Expressing love for stuff, people, or cats is something I like to do a lot of, and it seems like the more I do it, the more happiness it brings. I think the meaningfulness or intensity of the word "love" comes largely from context, and to me that's a really cool thing. Being able to throw around love and hearts everywhere is something that I... love.


I think the way I draw those little heart creatures kinda represents that. They're silly, and a little mindless, but they're precious and cute.


Also, wouldn't it be fun if hearts really could float above our heads like in cartoons, or appear sparkling, suddenly, in the centre of our eyes? That would be a fun world to live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x