All Of My Dreams & Dannii Minogue

Some days you do errands, visit a garden, change your life, laugh with friends, stroke some dogs, etc, and then some days you listen to I Begin To Wonder by Dannii Minogue approx. 12 times. A worthwhile and necessary endeavour that no one is permitted to judge you for.

Me getting ready to do some serious hedge trimming.

I've been thinking about what on earth my goals are right now. What do I want and who am I? But also, what is realistic and what should I be focusing on most for my own happiness and sensible consideration about my own life? I mean, I'd really like to live abroad one day, but is that realistic? Is that even seriously possible? I'm not really sure.

It's way too easy to compare your life to some kind of pattern or expectation, and I think I can be guilty of trying the wrong things, pushing myself in the wrong direction, or focusing on something that maybe isn't really the best thing to focus on. Life is always going to be a strange tightrope walk between doing what makes you happy and comfortable, and doing what seems like the right thing. Responsibility is a chaotic beast.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017).

Sometimes I try something only to realise just how much I love something else. Sometimes I go out of my comfort zone only to find that actually, I need to go back there and lie down for a while on the softest pillow available. Other times I realise that outside my comfort zone there are better and more exciting pillows. Sometimes I know my instincts are right, and sometimes I just change my mind about stuff. All of that is normal.

Me thinking about Brexit.

I feel like I'm always changing, and I feel like I've achieved a lot and a little at the same time. I don't compare myself to other people so much, because I know that ultimately there is always something you can find to envy if you look for it. We're here to crave and pine for things. That's why when I crave the dance-y goodness of Dannii Minogue's 2003 bop I Begin To Wonder, with a music video that features some delightfully Digimon-esque visual effects, I indulge myself. The human mind should not be questioned too much.
"'Cause every day is the same day
Different faces with no name
Places I've never been before"
                             - the prophet Dannii Minogue 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x